Role & Responsibilities:
• Review functional and design specifications to ensure full understanding of individual deliverables.
• Backend database testing in SQL environment (Oracle Database / Informix) including validating stored procs, jobs and triggers.
• Identify test requirements from specifications, map test case requirements and design test coverage plan.
• Develop, document and maintain functional test cases and other test artifacts like the test data, data validation, harness scripts and automated scripts.
• Execute and evaluate manual or automated test cases and report test results.
• Hold and facilitate test plan/case reviews with cross-functional team members.
• Identify any potential quality issues per defined process and escalate potential quality issues immediately to management.
• Ensure that validated deliverables meet functional and design specifications and requirements.
• Isolate, replicate, and report defects and verify defect fixes.
• Designing & executing test plan, test scripts/test scenarios; and capturing test results
• Perform test status reporting
• Coordinating with testers from the client’s side in their effort to test & validate the new application & function
• Handling issues arising from internal & external quality assurance activities
• Advance Diploma/Bachelor Degree or equivalent qualification.
• Preferably 3+ years of relevant QA technical experience.
• Project implementation experience in medium to large programs for any solution. Core Banking Solution experience is preferred.
• Banking domain knowledge.
• Expertise in database testing in SQL and Java environments including designing and manipulating test data, validating stored procs, jobs, triggers and replication.
• Create clear, concise detail oriented test plans/cases.
• Ability to understand and create test plans from specifications or verbal communications.
• Liaison with development, project management, and customer support.
• Travel overseas is a must, and may need to station in a location for 3-4 months (travel back to Malaysia every 2-3 weeks).
• Fluent in English and Mandarin.